Responsible Person Services
The European cosmetics regulation EC 1223/2009 established the following four requirements to market a cosmetic product within the European Union:
- A Product Information File (PIF) including, among other things, a safety report (CPSR) signed by a safety expert
- A compliant label
- A CPNP number (Cosmetic Product Notification Portal)
- A Responsible Person based on the European territory
We can manage this European notification process for you, from beginning to end.
Since the EU requirements to market cosmetics are so comprehensive, some non-EU countries take a successful EU notification as an easy way into their markets, e.g. Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and Turkey.
There are five steps for the European notification process:
1. Formula Analysis
Each and every ingredient in your formula are checked for their regulatory and safety status. Also the INCI list will also be validated according European standards.
2. Compilation of the safety report (CPSR)
Depending on the shape of your safety report, we will advise you on necessary changes. There are two parts to the report: Part A contains all the data needed for the evaluation, whereas part B comprises the actual safety evaluation and the final conclusion.
4. Compilation of the Product Information File (PIF)
5. Legal Representation and CPNP Notification
We would be happy to take on the role as your Responsible Person within the European Union
and notify your product on the EU and UK notification portals (CPNP).
A CPNP number is then assigned to your product by the European/UK authorities.